DALLAS, TX – These are some of the highlights discussed during our US-MX Bilateral Relationship Discussion Panel – We hope you can join us for our next event!
- Mexico and the U.S. have 193 years of diplomatic relations.
- Together, the U.S. and Mexico make up the most competitive region in the world.
- The U.S. and Mexico generate more than $530 billion dollars worth of trade each year.
- 14 million U.S. jobs depend on NAFTA and six million (nearly 20 million American jobs) rely directly on trade with Mexico.
- With 50 ports of entry, the U.S. and Mexico share the most legally crossed border in the world.
- U.S. security and prosperity directly depend on a peaceful, stable, and cooperative Mexico.
- Latinos represent the fastest growing minority and 17% of the entire U.S. population (55.2 million). 35 million are from Mexican origin.
- Ten percent of the U.S. citizen population is of Mexican origin.
- Undocumented immigration from Mexico is falling. There are already one million less Mexican immigrants in the U.S. than there were three years ago.
- The bilateral agenda has diversified not only on security issues but on education, competition, climate change, energy, and regional cooperation.
For more information please visit www.thetruthaboutus.org